Sunday, July 19, 2015

There is no I in TEAM

Ever wonder why it is that some men have to protest the chores that they have done? Fine example, when hubby does things he likes to point them out.

"See i cooked Breakfast and Dinner, canned pickles..."

With a slight look of disgust, I have to decide if it is a pissing contest or if I even bother pointing out all of the things I did in the days time. But does doing the laundry, dishes, feeding and walking dogs, picking garden vegetables, and so on and so on, even count? Are those expected "Mom Duties"?

I think not!

Should the duties all fall on one person or does team work make a family a better dynamic? I think to an extent it should be teamwork. How can i be left to be sane and not feel like a maid of sorts, if I am the only one who sees the trash overflowing? Even when two kids just threw trash into the said overflowing trash can.

No it should be a team....

We are a family. If i am busy with other chores, why can one not cook dinner for the rest of us? Why can others not change over a load of laundry? Or take the trash out?

This could potentially be all of my own fault. I spent years being a control freak and not allowing the boys to do some chores, simply because it would not have been done to my standards. But as time goes on and I get tired in my older age, I regret not having them do those things. Even if they have to do it a few times to get it done right.

Now one prepares to go into the adult world and I am left to worry he wont know how to clean a dryer vent.



No comments:

Post a Comment